SNEC has performed LASIK on 37,932 eyes of 19,573 patients from 1998 to 2007.
Below is the summary of the outcome results :
- 37,932 eyes of 19,573 patients underwent LASIK from 1998 to 2007.
- Uncorrected visual acuity (means without glasses or contact lenses) achieving 20/40 or better has been consistently above 90% since the year 2000, with 72.8% achieving 20/20 or better. More than 93.0% of eyes achieved within +/- 1.00D (100 degrees) target in the last four years.
- The overall uncorrected visual acuity (UCVA) for Snellen 20/40 or better postoperatively has been consistently above 90% since the year 2000, with a positive trend achieving 98.0% in the year 2007.
- The safety indices over time have been consistent, overall ranging between 1.00 and 1.04.
- Best corrected visual acuity (means with glasses or contact lenses) reached consistent 20/20 vision since 2005.
See research paper
on 10-year published record of LASIK done at SNEC.